Sunday, August 1, 2010

In-grown Toe-nails?

How do you get rid of them? I've heard that if you put a little V shape cut in the middle of the toe the toe nail will grown towards the toe. Is this true? Or other home remedies...In-grown Toe-nails?
just take a pair of small scisors and slowly push them out. it hurts a bit but you get used to it. I have lots of ingrown toenails and that's how I get rid of them. you can also go to a podiatrist and have him cut them out once in for all if you can't get it out yourself. but that costs money.In-grown Toe-nails?
u can cut them from your body by using special scissors that are precise and delicate but are able to handle the job nicely... finding a good place to relocate your In-grown Toe-nails is a very important factor to consider.
damn! i wish i can help you but to put into words is difficult..


where do you live? lol


ok ok, ill try, which ever side the ingrown nail is you wanna cut diagnolly (not in the middle ) on that side.... making your toeail look weid but believe me , it feel so much better...





sory for all the typ-os
If you get the surgery to have your borders cut, be very careful during the healing process. Your nails will be especially vulnerable to nail fungus.
Don't know. I know the V shaped cut relieves the pressure. I had to have mine surgically cut out and had some kind of chemical put on them to kill the part that was cut out so it wouldn't grow back.
The ';V'; in the middle of the toe is an old wives tale. I've tried that myself, but ended up going to a podiatrist, who gave me a few suggestions....I could have gotten the ingrown nail/s cut out completely, (actually have both sides cut),or take the complete nail off.


Please go to a good podiatrist. You'll feel much better.
u dig it out
I would try getting pedicures first. I do pedicures and have helped several with them. Sometimes they are not really ingrown nails but calcified gunk under the nail. ie dead skin cells, soap scum,lotion, and sock lint. Sometimes fungus can build up a matter under and around the toenail(s), causing pain and pressure.


I really think cutting a ';v'; in your nail is only going to cause your nail to snag and hang in socks or on the sheets and possibly get torn into the quick.


Also, I will file down the top of a problematic nail if it's thick to relieve some pressure on the sides.





Perhaps if this does not help I would go get the side of the nail cut out and the root on that side killed.
Bless your heart and feet Darlin'! I know just what you are dealing with as I suffer miserably from them - the solution for me was weekly pedicures and letting my toenails be a little longer than I would like - if you are prone to them you can't cut your toenails too short and you must NEVER cut out the corners! The V suggestion works if you have a really bad ingrown so you can relieve the pressure but it won't prevent if you cut out the corners - you must cut your toenails straight across - no rounding - this is why I let a pedicurist do mine weekly - it costs but it's worth it!
i have heard if you have an in-grown toe nail then you are just supposed to put something underneath and push up, so you pull it out over the skin. Also when you cut your toe nails buy clippers that are flat, so your skin doesn't have a chance to grow over the nail. because the round clippers make it easier for your nail to become in-grown.
look alike avatar go to the foot docter and see what she or he says
don't feel ____. i hav 'em too
My son had an ingrown toenail a few months back. The question I have is...how do you cut your nails? Doctors recommend cutting the toenail straight across. Cutting a V in your nail will do absolutely nothing sorry dear. So 2 things...let your nail grow..it will just let nature take its course. and 2 when trimming your nails always be sure and cut straight across never rounded. Cutting them rounded causes the edges near the cuticle to push into the nail bed itself...I hope this helps. By the way sometimes even following all the doctors rules will still cause the nail to have to be removed. Never fear it will grow back!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment