Sunday, August 1, 2010

Both my little ones toe nails are always terrible looking!?

I keep them trimmed regularly but they're always broken, scraped, bent and peeling, Is this normal? they are barefoot or have slippers in doors and always wear shoes outside. It's been this way for both of them since about 3 months old. My oldest is 3 %26amp; the youngest is 1 1/2. Any suggestions?Both my little ones toe nails are always terrible looking!?
I think children's toenails are just flimsier than grownups'. If they weren't they'd probably get torn off from all the climbing and roughhousing little ones do.





Just keep them trimmed and clean, and don't worry if they're not very pretty. I bet they'll be in better shape in a few years.Both my little ones toe nails are always terrible looking!?
My daughter has the same problem. She just turned 2. I would keep them trimmed, but they still looked horrible. She was curious when she saw me polish my toenails for summer. I decided since it was a light and neutral color, that I would polish hers. I just put one coat on. Well, now she's addicted. She wants me to polish them everyday. The funny thing is that since I've been keeping them polished, they look much better. It has also helped her attention span too. You didn't mention if your children were boys or girls. Even if they are boys, you could do a nail protector on them. One that is clear. Sorry I can't offer you more, but that's the only thing that has worked for me.
Why don't you find a podiatrist or dermatologist that takes care of children to make sure they don't have some kind of condition that is causing this? I was recently diagnosed with psoriasis (by a dermatologist), which explains the less-than-healthy nails and cuticles that have plagued me since I was a little girl. Seeing a doctor is the only way you will receive proper diagnosis for your children. I wish I would have known so I could have had treatment for my condition a long time ago. Good luck! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment